According to our recent survey, 29% of all legal professionals received a bonus last year. The survey, which formed part of the research for our 2013 Salary and Benefits Bench Marker, did reveal lots of variation across sections of the profession.
- Of those that received a bonus, 51% worked in firms with 26 Partners or more, 30% worked in firms with one to four Partners, 13% in eleven to 25 and 7% in Partnerships of five to ten members.
- 35% of qualified Fee Earners received a bonus
- 6% of respondents working in Family law
- 42% in Claimant RTA
- 48% in Defendant RTA
- 15% of Legal Secretaries
- 32% of Services for Business
- 22% of Services for Individuals
- 21% mainly SME Dispute Resolution
- 40% Dispute Resolution for large business and organisations
- 19% if you work in a multi branch Private Practice
- 36% if you work in a Top 100 UK firm
- Only 10% of respondents who believe they are extremely underpaid received a bonus; 31% of those work in Clinical Negligence.
Download the 2013 Salary and Benefits Bench Marker for more statistics and analysis.