Southampton – £25,000 - £40,000
Assistant Lawyer – Solicitor/CILEX/proven relevant experience – Southampton
A leading national Legal500 firm is currently seeking an experienced lawyer to work within the Complex Injury Claims Team dealing with large loss claims. The successful candidate will be assisting the lead lawyers on complex, high value multi-track and catastrophic injury claims. This could be a mix of both EL/PL claims, as well as RTA claims.
The successful candidate should have experience of indemnity, liability and complex medical issues, but excellent attention to detail is essential.
The successful candidate’s key accountabilities will include (not limited to):
- Working with the lead lawyer to manage a caseload involving brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation and fatal claims.
- Communicating with existing insurer clients to deal with their queries and updating them on the progress of the matter.
- Drafting concise technical advice on all aspects of claim handling including advice on indemnity, liability, quantum and causation issues and claims resolution.
- Proactively identifying next steps required on matter, discussing the aspects with the Lead Lawyer and acting as agreed.
- Interviewing witnesses and drafting statements.
- Drafting pleadings and applications.
The working week will be Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with an hour unpaid lunch.
Not one to miss, apply now for immediate consideration!