Public Family Law Assistant
Worcester – Salary negotiable based on experience
Legal Assistant - Family Team Salary Negotiable - Experience Dependant
I’m delighted to be working with a leading firm in Worcester, who are currently going through a fantastic period of growth an expansion. As a result, they are keen to add a Legal Assistant to their Family Law Team in Worcester. Ideally, they would like to recruit a Legal Assistant with experience of working for partners and fee earners in a busy Family environment.
Based in modern, well-equipped offices, close to local commuter links and with nearby parking, this role would suit an experienced Legal Assistant, within the Worcester area.
The firm are happy to offer the prospect of a training contract for the right candidate. Duties and responsibilities of a Legal Assistant in the Family Department:
The ideal candidate will be / have:
- Seeing Clients, General client management
- Making applications or legal aid and keeping on top of CCMS
- Making any necessary applications on account for payment
- Taking instructions in interview or over the telephone
- Preparing and Drafting Position Statements
- Instructing Counsel
- Researching and Instructing other experts
- Preparing briefs to counsel or letters of instructions to experts
- Part 25 applications and letters of instruction
- Sitting behind counsel
- Observing Senior Fee Earner at court
- Compiling Bundles and ensuring they are always up to date (Electronically)
- Compile blogs for the rota as required
- Attend either in person or via Teams weekly fee earners meetings
- Meeting time recording target of 1400 units per month
- Computer literate
- Good communicator
- Essential skills in relation to Child / Family Law
- A very organised individual
- Have completed their LPC
Having worked with this leading Worcester firm for some time, I know of their excellent standard of work, and opportunities for progression and development.
A competitive salary is on offer, with 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension contribution and training.
If you are keen to be considered for this Legal Assistant role, please apply directly, or call me for a confidential conversation today.