Barnsley – £27,000 - £31,000
Family Fee EarnerLocation : BarnsleySalary Guide : £27,000 - £31,000 per annum DOE
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Family solicitor, CILEx of Paralegal with the knowledge, skills and mindset to thrive in a developing firm. The role is based in their office in central Barnsley making this an ideal opportunity for commuters by both public transport and car. A large regional network of offices and a proactive approach to business growth makes this an exciting opportunity for those wanting career progression in their future.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Family Law Fee earner, NQ- 2 years qualified as a Family Solicitor or FCILEx. In this role you will provide efficient and effective legal advice, assistance and representation for private and publicly funded clients maintaining the highest standards of professional expertise and client care at all times. You can expect to run a caseload consisting primarily of matrimonial work. The Family Solicitor Role – Duties and Key Requirements
- Deal with correspondence and telephone queries
- Deal with clients requiring specialist matrimonial law advice in person
- Maintain proper diary systems i.e. court dates, limitation dates and timetables set by courts/tribunals
- Produce documents and instructions and obtain expert reports
- Negotiate settlements with other parties
- Attend court/tribunal if required
- Conduct own advocacy
- Brief counsel, where necessary/appropriate
- Assess clients for public funding/legal representation
- Submit interim and final bills on a regular basis Page 2 of 3 Miscellaneous
- Promote the law firm and the work of the Family Department externally, with the aim of increasing the number of clients of the team and building relationships with external organisations
- Liaise with the Legal Aid Agency
- Review files on a monthly basis
- Keep up to date with changes in the law and procedures
- Deal quickly and efficiently with clients
- Ensure that cases are conducted in accordance with Law Society guidelines and that the regulations and procedures of the Legal Aid Agency are adhered to in respect of publicly funded matters and the Legal Aid Agency Specialist Quality Mark Standards.
- Meet chargeable time and financial targets, as set by the Head of the Family Department
- Provide support for other fee earners as necessary
In return the successful Family Solicitor will receive a competitive salary, negotiable and dependant on experience and billing potential. There is a generous annual leave allowance of 30 days for Fee Earning staff plus Bank holidays. The firm actively encourages a positive work life balance.
Salary is DOE but as a guide you can expect upwards of £27K dependant on qualification. For more information about this Family solicitor vacancy, please call Nicola Mackenzie on 0113 467 7571 for a confidential chat or apply for immediate consideration.