London – £70,000 - £85,000
Senior Legal CounselLocation:
Up to £85kFlexibility:
The business will offer excellent flexibility with regards to working from home, post-Covid
New opportunity for an experienced In-House Lawyer to join a leading services business based in London. The company is in an exciting period of growth and are seeking to add to their existing legal function.
The successful candidate will form part of a tight knit, high performing legal team which contributes significantly to the business achieving its strategic aims. The business operates in both the Public & Private Sector and has a large footprint across a number of key industries.
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will report directly to the Head of Group Legal and act as second in command, undertaking a wide range of legal/commercial duties which make the role varied and challenging.
- To provide up to date and timely commercial legal advice on bids, contracts and renewals, assessing whether opportunities are in line with acceptable risk appetite working closely with operational and sales teams.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing multiple supplier and customer contracts recognising the key concerns for the various business units.
- Providing wider support on other legal and commercial issues as they arise (e.g. termination of contracts, disputes, managing external counsel etc…).
- Designing and delivering legal training across the business.
- Other ad-hoc legal advice concerning M&A, joint venture, IP and other activities relevant to the business.
Ideally you will have had exposure to/be:
- A UK qualified Solicitor
- 5 years + PQE (There is no upper limit on PQE but candidates with less than 5 years PQE, could be considered dependant on experience).
- A detailed knowledge of a wide range of commercial agreements (services agreements would be a huge bonus).
This is a fantastic opportunity for Senior In-House Lawyers who prefer a fast paced environment and enjoy the challenge of undertaking varied legal work in support of a large business. If the role sounds of interest please apply using an up to date CV, in order to be considered.