Senior Legal Counsel - UK
Berkshire – £115,000 - £130,000
Lead Legal Counsel, UKLocation:
up to £130k + Benefits
Douglas Scott have partnered with a leading global business, within the FMCG sector, on the search for a Senior Legal Counsel to lead their UK operations. Operating as part of the UK Leadership team, you will be responsible for all legal matters running through the UK business and report into the Regional General Counsel in Europe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manages all day-to-day legal work for UK business including but not limited to:
- Reviews and approve communications, advertising, promotions and product claims;
- Draft, review and negotiate marketing related arrangements (such as advertising, claims, packaging, promotions etc.)
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts (such as sales, advertising, distribution, consulting, procurement etc.)
- Draft, review and negotiate supply chain related contracts (such as warehousing, transportation, customs brokers, co-packing, co-manufacturing, services, raw materials etc.)
- Assist with the drafting, reviewing, negotiating and implementation of company policies as needed
- Advises on employment law related matters ensuring that all HR related policies are compliant with prevailing laws & regulations
- Advise on all aspects of Competition Law affecting the business.
- Ensure all relevant regulatory compliance for the business, working closely alongside the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Manage all dispute resolution & litigation and co-ordinate input of internal customers and other functions for the litigation and related issues
- Develop and implement a globally-aligned legal strategy for the UK business
- Ensure proper corporate governance and appropriate, effective and efficient processes (e.g. corporate formalities, records management, etc.).
- Work alongside the trademark and patent teams to ensure brand protection and optimisation.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A qualified solicitor, with significant post qualification experience.
- Happy with a UK focused role, leading the legal function but also comfortable rolling sleeves up and dealing with the day to day aspects of the role.
- An demonstable history of working/advising within the FMCG sector
- A strong general commercial solicitor and must have experience advising across a broad spectrum of Competition Law.
If this role is of interest, please apply by sending over an up to date CV and I will be in touch to discuss further.