My client are a highly regarded and leading law firm with offices across the UK. Due to a period of growth, the firm are now looking to add a Legal Cashier to their rapidly growing finance team.
Your responsibilities as a Legal Cashier will include:
* Processing of financial transactions using our accounts package SOS for both Client and Office ledgers
* Processing bills for specific clients, ensuring all company and departmental deadlines are met.
* Management of invoices and other transactional documentation
* Providing timely information to other members of the Accounts team and the wider firm
* Dealing with queries from outside the department and maintaining a good working relationship inside and outside of the firm
* Adhering to the Solicitors Accounts Rules
* Minimum of 2 years prior experience in a similar accounts role
* Excellent attention to detail and exception organisational and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of SOS advantageous but not essential
* Competent use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
* Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines and produce accurate output
* Team player with ability to thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment
Fantastic opportunity to join a stable, secure and expanding law firm so please advise for immediate consideration.
Please contact Amy Turner, Divisional Head, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions.
0113 467 7571
Amy joined Douglas Scott in November 2010 and has extensive experience covering the Manchester and Yorkshire markets. She currently manages the North West desk and recruits from Legal Assistant level up to Partnership level and deals with key client accounts on a nationwide basis. Amy returned from maternity leave in early 2017 and dove straight back to work, managing a large Master Vendor account as well as its dedicated team of consultants. Amy has been in recruitment since June 2004 and before making the move into legal recruitment she worked in the accountancy and finance sector. She graduated with a Public Relations Degree from the University of Lincoln and before this studied at Harrogate Ladies College. In her spare time, she cares for her young daughter Evie.
"I am very grateful to Amy. She was professional but also encouraging and supportive in a very brief space of time. She most definitely goes the extra mile. Amy made it very easy for me to be positive and think about my attributes, which had a knock-on effect when I had my interview."
Legal Secretary | Leeds