My client is a multi-service law firm based in Manchester and they are looking to hire 2 New Claims Handlers to join the firm.
The role is to successfully gather all the necessary information in relation to the new enquiry and ensure that it is entered both timely and accurately onto the case management system. Following this to ensure that any relevant third parties are contacted in relation to responding to each case. The company will provide full training The role is an interesting and varied customer facing position in offering front line client contact
* Inputting and updating of client details on the company's computer system (PROCLAIM)
* To be responsible for the gathering data and inputting of new claims and new business enquiries
* Be proactive in completing diary tasks to support the rest of the Team involving work with referrers and third party insurers and medical agencies
* Ensure that attendance calls are completed in line with quality standards and that all key information is obtained and recorded
* To be able to work towards targets and deadlines
* Understand and embrace the concept of "excellent customer service" coupled with "urgency to get things done".
* Chasing paperwork and outstanding case information in a professional & timely fashion
* Ensure that medical appointments are dealt with in a timely fashion and in accordance with due process
* To be responsible for the inputting and logging of insurance policies relative to client files
* To communicate with witnesses in accordance with allocated workloads & due process
* To be responsible for administrative tasks that provide a support function within the business, including but not limited to, document redaction, bundle preparation, telephone support functions.
Managing a high volume of work in a fast paced environment
Providing both a quality and speedy service to internal & external clients and representatives
Working to service level standards & quality targets
Navigation and use the basic functions of case management software with supervision
Completing workloads timely & to a high standard under supervision
Prioritising work according to its importance or significance
Job knowledge, Skills & Experience
Excellent customer service skills
Be PC literate having a basic knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Good organisation skills
Excellent telephone manner
Good fact finding ability
Work well as part of a Team
Have an eye for attention to details
LPC Degree desireable (expected or achieved 2:1 and above).
LLB/LLM Degree or equivalent required.
Core: GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualification)
Salary £16k - Apply now to start your legal career with a top law firm in Manchester
Please contact Ryan McNamara, Senior Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more North West legal positions.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
0161 233 6360
Ryan joined Douglas Scott in 2018 having previously worked as a Sales Operations Manager. He specialises in Private Practice recruitment in the North West and recruits from Legal Assistant level up to Partnership level, and works with a range of small regional practices, boutique firms and larger national and international practices. Ryan works with well-established departments as well as with firms which are keen to diversify into new areas of law.
"Ryan was obviously very knowledgeable about the role I was looking for and secured an interview within 24 hours. He was helpful and keen I felt I was in good hands."
Solicitor | Wigan