A specialist recruitment agency based in Didsbury is seeking a Payroll Administrator to assist with running an efficient and effective payroll service, ensuring all employees and temporary workers are always provided with accurate information.
* The role holder will process weekly bulk payrolls, chase timesheets, ensuring all weekly data is collected and entered accurately.
* The job holder will calculate and administer Statutory Payment for both employees and temporary workers, where applicable.
* The successful candidate will provide advice and guidance to colleagues on matters relating to pay, taxation, statutory payments and National Insurance.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining an up to date knowledge of payroll best practice, legislation as it applies to payroll, and all statutory payments and deductions.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
* Good level of general education, and must have grades A - C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
* Enjoys working in a fast paced, commercial environment
* Have good written and verbal communication skills
* Have a strong team work ethic, with the willingness to get stuck in.
* Are confident in dealing with people over the phone and in person.
* Strong customer service skills
* Excellent administration and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
* Excellent attention to detail
* Reliable and flexible as to the needs of the business
* Must posses a solid working knowledge of statutory and legal requirements as they apply to payroll requirements.
* Computer literate with solid proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail.
* Strong experience of computerised payroll systems.
Please contact Beth Dalton, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more finance roles.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
0161 233 6360
Beth joined Douglas Scott in 2019 as a Payroll Recruitment Specialist within the finance recruitment team. She began her recruitment career in 2016, working as a Non and Part Qualified Finance recruiter in Yorkshire. More recently, Beth has moved to the North West, focusing specifically on becoming a Payroll Specialist gaining clients within the law firms, industry and both the public and private sector. Her main goals are to provide a specialist service, find the best payroll talent in the market and help candidates achieve their long term career aspirations.
“Beth was incredibly patient with me when she first contacted me about an opportunity. She matched me to my perfect role, and provided excellent support during the process and in the run up to my interview. She kept me up to date with progress as and when she had details, and despite being initially unsuccessful, immediately made contact when the role became available again. She provided reassurance and support prior to the second interview, and maintained a positive demeanour throughout our contact. She understood the type of roles I was looking for, and didn't pressure me or send irrelevant opportunities through like others have done previously. I would highly recommend Beth to others when either searching for candidates for roles, or for individuals looking for new opportunities”