A busy payroll bureau in Stockport is looking for a Payroll Administrator to join their friendly, close knit team.
You will be responsible for the day to day processing of your own portfolio of payrolls, assisting other members of the team and checking work before it is sent to clients. You will be able to process payroll from end-to-end, have an impeccable eye for detail and a pro-active attitude.
* Liaising with clients to accurately process their payrolls
* Responsible for full Gross to net calculations
* Processing new starters, leavers and changes to personal details
* Preparing BACS files and request forms.
* Maintaining client files and responding to client queries within pre-agreed deadlines
* Processing all paperwork, including printing and posting payslips and P45s in line with client requirements
* RTI reporting, including data validation, submitting FPS/EPS, obtaining any client authorisation and posting out P60s.
* Administering Auto-Enrolment pension schemes (as required by the client)
* Dealing with client queries, including some technical queries
* Assisting in maintaining client files (including chasing for signed contracts, Money Laundering Checks, updating contact details into databases etc)
* Assisting with Telephone Answering, scanning post and filing paperwork.
* Maintaining payroll procedures for your clients and identifying processes that could be more efficient
* Assisting in internal payroll audits and checks
You will need:
* Good Excel skills, including a good knowledge of formulas and formatting
* Experience of high volume or high activity payroll
* You must also be up to date with current and forthcoming legislation and be able to demonstrate this knowledge in the interview.
* You should also be flexible in your approach, but responsive to deadlines, both internal and external.
You will receive a salary of between £22000-£25000, generous holiday allowance and good pension contribution.
Please contact Beth Dalton, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more finance roles.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
0161 233 6360
Beth joined Douglas Scott in 2019 as a Payroll Recruitment Specialist within the finance recruitment team. She began her recruitment career in 2016, working as a Non and Part Qualified Finance recruiter in Yorkshire. More recently, Beth has moved to the North West, focusing specifically on becoming a Payroll Specialist gaining clients within the law firms, industry and both the public and private sector. Her main goals are to provide a specialist service, find the best payroll talent in the market and help candidates achieve their long term career aspirations.
“Beth was incredibly patient with me when she first contacted me about an opportunity. She matched me to my perfect role, and provided excellent support during the process and in the run up to my interview. She kept me up to date with progress as and when she had details, and despite being initially unsuccessful, immediately made contact when the role became available again. She provided reassurance and support prior to the second interview, and maintained a positive demeanour throughout our contact. She understood the type of roles I was looking for, and didn't pressure me or send irrelevant opportunities through like others have done previously. I would highly recommend Beth to others when either searching for candidates for roles, or for individuals looking for new opportunities”