A leading retail company based near Manchester Airport are looking for a Payroll Administrator to join their team. This role could be temporary to permanent or a permanent role in the first instance dependent on the successful candidate's availability.
The main purpose of the role is to update and run the monthly payroll. To ensure correct entry of starter, leaver and change information. To assist with the weekly payroll data where necessary ensuring the highest confidentiality and in accordance with Data Protection principals. To lead monthly payroll activities and support with weekly payroll.
* Process monthly payrolls by entering any additions or deductions on iHCM, running extracts, pre-commits and gross pay reports for the Payroll Manager to check, then committing and approving with ADP
* Administer, compile and calculate monthly sickness payments
* Run monthly payroll comparison reports
* Provide statement of earnings reports to solicitors as required
* Provide first line support for payroll queries, processing unit manager enquiries for further adjustments or missing information
* Assist with accurate monthly and weekly data entry including
* Assist with weekly payroll processes and adjustments
* Support the team with ad-hoc duties as required
What you will need:
* Minimum Grade C in GCSE Maths or equivalent
* Strong skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
* Previous experience in payroll administration ideally with a payroll of a similar size
* Ideally used ADP solutions previously although not essential
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of diligence and accuracy
* Strong communication skills
* Team player
* Demonstration of initiative and analytical problem solving
In return you will receive a salary of £20000, plus flexible working and 33 days holiday.
Please contact Beth Dalton, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more finance roles.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
0161 233 6360
Beth joined Douglas Scott in 2019 as a Payroll Recruitment Specialist within the finance recruitment team. She began her recruitment career in 2016, working as a Non and Part Qualified Finance recruiter in Yorkshire. More recently, Beth has moved to the North West, focusing specifically on becoming a Payroll Specialist gaining clients within the law firms, industry and both the public and private sector. Her main goals are to provide a specialist service, find the best payroll talent in the market and help candidates achieve their long term career aspirations.
“Beth was incredibly patient with me when she first contacted me about an opportunity. She matched me to my perfect role, and provided excellent support during the process and in the run up to my interview. She kept me up to date with progress as and when she had details, and despite being initially unsuccessful, immediately made contact when the role became available again. She provided reassurance and support prior to the second interview, and maintained a positive demeanour throughout our contact. She understood the type of roles I was looking for, and didn't pressure me or send irrelevant opportunities through like others have done previously. I would highly recommend Beth to others when either searching for candidates for roles, or for individuals looking for new opportunities”