PARALEGAL - REAL ESTATE
SALARY: £24-30K, DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Our leading, nationally based Top 50 client is seeking a driven, determined and talented Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join their leading Property Team based in Reading.
As Paralegal in the Thames Valley Real Estate team, you would, of course, be required to undertake tasks such as scanning, copying, and the maintenance of data sites.
However, the successful candidate will in addition develop their capabilities and take on additional work which could include managing a number of client files, running their own transactional files on Landlord and Tenant related matters, straightforward acquisitions, disposals and estate management works.
This is very much a role that the successful candidate can "make their own".
* Manage a high volume of matters for key clients, sometimes with short deadlines;
* Record time accurately and be aware of personal billing targets;
* Communicate effectively and confidently with clients and external solicitors (both written and verbal) to provide advice, negotiate transactions and deal with queries in relation to both post-completion work and own matters;
* Assist on large portfolio transactions, preparing title packs, disclosure bundles and setting up and uploading information into data rooms;
* Compile property reports and schedules and;
* Assist with various other tasks as required.
Skills and qualifications
* Previous and recent experience as a real estate paralegal/legal assistant, or similar experience gained within another transactional practice area is ideal.
* Law Degree, LPC or ILEX.
* Excellent client care (both internal and external) and communication skills, with a friendly and solutions-driven approach.
* Self-confidence, initiative and the ability to grasp things quickly and easily.
* Enthusiasm and drive with a positive, can-do attitude.
* A strong working knowledge of various applications - word, excel, outlook, digital dictation.
* High levels of accuracy and exceptional attention to detail, with a methodical and organised approach.
* Flexibility in adapting to change, new practices.
* Remaining calm under pressure.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Ability to prioritise and complete work effectively to ensure all deadlines are met.
* Ability to integrate and work within a team as well as taking responsibility for your own matters.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant that is keen to develop their career further, whilst being part of one of the best Property Teams in the UK.
Salary is negotiable, based on experiences and what you can bring to the team.
All Paralegals/Fee-earners/Legal Assistants and Secretaries of suitable experience and ambition are very much welcomed to apply.
Please contact Carl Pace, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions in London and the South East.
0203 846 3071
Carl joined Douglas Scott in 2019 as a Recruitment Consultant and recruits legal professionals in Practice across the Home Counties. Prior to joining Douglas Scott, Carl worked as a Relationship Manager for a well-being support platform.