Court of Protection Associate
A leading law firm require an Associate to join their Court of Protection team on a permanent, full time basis.
The Court Of Protection Team have established a significant reputation for advising and assisting individuals, their families, carers, trustees, beneficiaries and other professionals on a broad range of issues arising from catastrophic personal injury, including serious brain injury with high value compensation awards. The team supports litigation lawyers throughout the conduct of the claim.
My client is looking for a qualified solicitor of 1 - 3 year PQE with experience in Court of Protection work to increase and strengthen their successful team. The team work closely with the Court of Protection, the individual and their family to establish long-term relationships and to ensure all decisions are made in their best interests. Their aim is to relieve the pressure of financial decision making from family members, enabling them to continue to make the key choices and to support their relative on a day-to-day basis.
- Preparation of court applications, both financial and welfare deputyship orders and more complex wills and trusts
- Supervision of paralegals within the team in matters of simple applications to Court and general management of the deputyship
- Preparation of personal injury trusts
- Preparation of trusts for minors for approval of the court
- 1-3 years PQE with experience in Court of Protection
- Degree qualification
- Part or whole STEP examinations
- Experience of creating and management of LPAs and of OPG deputy standards
- IT literate, confident user of MS office and potentially legal systems
- Ability to work to deadlines, manage a busy workload and to report on progress; appropriate balance between confidence in own judgement and knowing when to refer decisions to senior associates within the team
Shortlisting now! Apply for immediate consideration!
Please contact Emily Flewitt, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions.
Associate Recruitment Consultant
0203 846 3071
Emily joined Douglas Scott in March 2017, initially as part of the Master Vendor team of consultants focusing on the recruitment for one specialised client account. Emily went on to join the National Support desk where she concentrated on business support roles within law firms. Currently Emily works on the National Insurance desk covering the South West region working with a range of small regional practices, boutique firms and larger national practices including well-established departments as well as emerging firms. Emily graduated from the University of Central Lancashire in 2016 and studied Criminology and Criminal Justice. Previous to this, she completed her A-levels in Business studies, ICT and Sociology.
"Emily is extremely professional, helpful and really approachable. I found her a delight to communicate with. If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t have put myself forward for a particular role. She deserves a big thank you for helping me."
Client Development Executive | London