Senior Payroll Specialist needed for large retailer in Rochdale. This is a permanent position within a reputable company that will offer you a position of seniority and an opportunity to progress within the
As the Senior Payroll Specialist you will report to the Head of Payroll to train and develop the existing
team. This is an excellent move for a candidate who is looking to take the next step into a management
position. Your responsibilities will include:
* Ensure the accuracy and competition of payrolls as allocated
* Respond to and manage complex queries
* Support payroll administrators to manage challenges
* Liaise with system service support desks to raise issues and manage problems
* Undertake more complex payroll tasks, such as one of payments processing, complex absences, complex query resolution, calculation of and processing of advances, management of leaver payments and processing of and payments of bonuses
* Distribution of and management of general queries to the team via email and telephone
* Chasing of company information to stringent deadlines
* Tracking and keeping up to date with legislative changes, system updates and processing changes to cascade to the payroll administrators
To be successful in this role you must have previous experience of managing complex payroll tasks alongside a thorough understanding of tax and NI rules to calculate advances, arrears and additional payment values. You must also have experience of processing payroll at various frequencies to include weekly, lunar and monthly. You must have experience of managing challenging deadlines whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
In return you will receive a salary of £28000 and the opportunity to progress within the organisation. You will receive company discount, life assurance, childcare vouchers, in-house training and development opportunities, discount gym memberships and an on-site canteen.
Please contact Beth Dalton, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more finance roles.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
0113 467 7571
Beth joined Douglas Scott in 2019 as a Payroll Recruitment Specialist within the finance recruitment team. She began her recruitment career in 2016, working as a Non and Part Qualified Finance recruiter in Yorkshire. More recently, Beth has moved to the North West, focusing specifically on becoming a Payroll Specialist gaining clients within the law firms, industry and both the public and private sector. Her main goals are to provide a specialist service, find the best payroll talent in the market and help candidates achieve their long term career aspirations.
“Beth was incredibly patient with me when she first contacted me about an opportunity. She matched me to my perfect role, and provided excellent support during the process and in the run up to my interview. She kept me up to date with progress as and when she had details, and despite being initially unsuccessful, immediately made contact when the role became available again. She provided reassurance and support prior to the second interview, and maintained a positive demeanour throughout our contact. She understood the type of roles I was looking for, and didn't pressure me or send irrelevant opportunities through like others have done previously. I would highly recommend Beth to others when either searching for candidates for roles, or for individuals looking for new opportunities”