Litigation Solicitor - Recoveries
Uninsured loss/Motor and Property Damage Claims
Glasgow / Edinburgh
A leading defendant firm require a Litigation Solicitor to join their Recoveries team on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful Recoveries solicitor will be involved in pursuing recovery of insured and uninsured losses on behalf of insurance companies and corporate clients arising from motor and property damage claims.
* Pre-litigation assessment of subrogated recovery claims
* Managing your own caseload of subrogated recovery claims using a case management system
* Drafting court proceedings and conducting Sheriff Court hearings
* Regular contact with clients and third parties by telephone, email and general correspondence
* Dealing with claims, assessing quantum and taking claims to settlement stage
* Comply with firms time recording policy
* 3 years + PQE
* Experience of recoveries and Sheriff Court procedure preferable
* Works effectively with other team members
* Takes responsibility for their own caseload subject to supervision
* Used to managing a high volume of claims
* Maintains regular contact with the clients and shows understanding of the priorities for the client
* Ideally candidates will have knowledge of a case management system
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Please contact Emily Flewitt, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions.
Associate Recruitment Consultant
0203 846 3071
Emily joined Douglas Scott in March 2017, initially as part of the Master Vendor team of consultants focusing on the recruitment for one specialised client account. Emily went on to join the National Support desk where she concentrated on business support roles within law firms. Currently Emily works on the National Insurance desk covering the South West region working with a range of small regional practices, boutique firms and larger national practices including well-established departments as well as emerging firms. Emily graduated from the University of Central Lancashire in 2016 and studied Criminology and Criminal Justice. Previous to this, she completed her A-levels in Business studies, ICT and Sociology.
"Emily is extremely professional, helpful and really approachable. I found her a delight to communicate with. If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t have put myself forward for a particular role. She deserves a big thank you for helping me."
Client Development Executive | London