Associate - Shipping & Marine
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
A leading defendant firm based in Aberdeen require an Associate to join their Shipping & Marine team in their Insurance & Risk department on initially a 12 month Fixed Term contract.
The role will involve supporting a wide variety of clients in the Marine, Oil and Gas and other sectors primarily across contentious business. The successful applicant will be Scottish qualified and have an interest in claims defence, health and safety and litigation and be able to convey that interest enthusiastically to clients as they continue to develop their top rated team.
* Provide assistance to partners dealing with large and complex claims and disputes.
* Handle your own case load including investigating and defending litigated personal injury and handling other commercial claims against owners, operators and insurers.
* Handle a variety of general commercial claims and advice in the sector.
* Advocacy in the Sheriff Court and other forums.
* Representation of client in their dealings with their regulators and other statutory bodies.
* Actively participate in the business development of the team and get to know current and prospective clients
* Operate within the firm's case management system
* Works effectively with other team members, in the direct team and across the firm more widely
* Able to work as part of a team on larger cases
* Takes responsibility for their own caseload subject to supervision
* Works to understand the team and wider department's key clients, the industry they operate in and the challenges they face
* Has strong drafting skills and works in a logical manner
Shortlisting now! Apply for immediate consideration with a more detailed job specification.
Please contact Emily Flewitt, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions.
Associate Recruitment Consultant
0203 846 3071
Emily joined Douglas Scott in March 2017, initially as part of the Master Vendor team of consultants focusing on the recruitment for one specialised client account. Emily went on to join the National Support desk where she concentrated on business support roles within law firms. Currently Emily works on the National Insurance desk covering the South West region working with a range of small regional practices, boutique firms and larger national practices including well-established departments as well as emerging firms. Emily graduated from the University of Central Lancashire in 2016 and studied Criminology and Criminal Justice. Previous to this, she completed her A-levels in Business studies, ICT and Sociology.
"Emily is extremely professional, helpful and really approachable. I found her a delight to communicate with. If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t have put myself forward for a particular role. She deserves a big thank you for helping me."
Client Development Executive | London