Service Support Engineer
Salary - DOE
Location - Southampton
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Promote and nurture a customer focused and performance driven culture within the IT Department.
* Maintain at all times a professional, positive, friendly and customer service based approach in interactions with customers and internal colleagues.
* Suggest areas for improvement and take ownership of initiatives based on colleague and user feedback.
* Keep and maintain a safe and tidy working environment.
* Ensure the Service Desk phone is answered at all times within core support hours.
* Escalate to IT Operations Manager and Head Of IT any major or ongoing problems that might affect business operations.
* Adhere to Incident, Problem, Request, Configuration and Change Management procedures.
* Perform 1st & 2nd line fault resolution and project implementation tasks.
* Maintain a daily awareness of the status of open faults awaiting resolution, and to provide feedback on such faults to the call originator, at periods suggested by them.
* Manage all incidents, requests and problems to a high level of customer service ensuring the needs of the business are given the highest priority in-line with IT policy and procedure.
* Assist in 3rd line fault resolution where needed.
* Carryout and manage project work as required whilst adhering to deadlines and priority levels. If in doubt over competing priorities seek guidance from project management or line management immediately.
* Carryout meeting room setups.
* Cover a core shift pattern between Mon-Fri 08:00-19:00 and an on-call shift pattern Mon-Fri 19:00-08:00 and Sat & Sun 10:00-16:00 as required.
* Travel to other offices when needed to provide workload / holiday team cover.
* Help maintain the security of the systems and the integrity of the data held on them.
Who we are looking for:
1 years' experience of working on a service desk conducting 1st/2nd line tasks.
A good working knowledge of:
Office 2013 / 2016
Cisco Unified Communications Manager
HP / Dell hardware
Audio Visual Equipment.
* Experience of working in a legal / professional services or financial services environment supporting all levels of users is desirable.
* Experience of supporting all levels of users' up to Partner / Exec level.
* Experience of desktop-based projects.
* Experience of multi-site Service Desk support
* Excellent customer service skills
* First class communication skills both written and verbal
* Good sense of humour
* Highly organised
* Excellent telephone manner
* Ability to use initiative
* High degree of self-management
If you wish to apply then please do not hesitate to call Riley Hindson on 0161 233 6360
Please contact Riley Hindson, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more Legal IT positions.
0161 233 6360
Riley joined our Locum team in 2019 with a focus on temporary and contract positions across the legal sector working with candidates of all levels from both non-qualified and qualified backgrounds. Before Douglas Scott Riley worked in the industrial sector of recruitment and studied a fashion degree at Leeds Arts University.