Data Warehouse Developer
Salary - DOE
Location - Liverpool City Centre
The successful candidate must have some experience as a data warehouse developer and provide support to the Data Warehouse Manager. They must possess strong end to end SQL Server skills, notably analysis services, to support the team in the deployment of data cubes from the data warehouse. In addition to the development of analysis services objects, an understanding of integration services and reporting services is important. It would also be beneficial if the candidate had some experience of Wherescape Red.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Support implemented BI solutions by monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues.
* Apply consistency of approach to report development and implementation.
* Operate within and assist in the development of processes and controls for management of information, ensuring change is dealt with in a controlled manner.
* Work proactively with Business Managers to suggest improved ways of reporting and ensuring consistent data quality.
* To develop and apply skills in project management, business analysis, and technical excellence.
* Good understanding of BI Best Practices/Methodologies, relational structures, dimensional data modelling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques
* Good knowledge of SQL Server 2016
* Ability to identify customer needs and translate them into technical requirements
* Experience of producing and maintaining appropriate documentation across the solution development lifecycle
* Ability to anticipate problems, identify risk, evaluate impact and produce appropriate solutions, or escalate as necessary
* Good time management skills
* Ability to communicate and present ideas across all areas of the organisation
* Ability to rollout solutions that are well tested and meet the needs of the end users
* Knowledge and experience of MDX
* Knowledge and experience of DAX
* Knowledge and experience of ETL tools e.g. Integration Builder, Integration Services
* Knowledge and experience of using Wherescape Red
* Skill & experience in sharing knowledge and expertise
* Experience of using source control
* Experience of Integration Services
* Client and / or stakeholder-facing experience
Please contact Riley Hindson, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more Legal IT positions.
0161 233 6360
Riley joined our Locum team in 2019 with a focus on temporary and contract positions across the legal sector working with candidates of all levels from both non-qualified and qualified backgrounds. Before Douglas Scott Riley worked in the industrial sector of recruitment and studied a fashion degree at Leeds Arts University.