Family Legal Secretary/Assistant - 12 month FTC
Douglas Scott are extremely excited to be working with a reputable and sound Law Firm who have multiple offices across the UK. This role will be based at their Head Office in Walkden and will be sat within the highly succesful Family team.
This is a full time, perm position with working hours of 9am-5:15pm. To be successful you will have a strong secretarial and administration background. Experience in Legal Aid and family law is preferred but not essential as training will be provided. You will be well organised and be able to work independently to ensure that tasks are completed on time and to a high standard. Confidence in dealing with clients in a professional manner, both on the telephone and in person, is essential.
Key tasks include:
1. Maintain Fee Earner's diary arranging meetings and appointments.
2. Deal with routine client correspondence and queries.
3. Opening and closing of files.
4. Attend to clients both in person and on the telephone in a manner in keeping with the firm's standard of client care.
5. Create and maintain client records on the firm's database ensuring that all correspondence and file notes are recorded on the system, in accordance with the firm and and Lexcel's requirements.
6. Produce accurate client correspondence and enclosures for mailing including client bills.
7. Ensure the confidentiality of the client and firm's information and documentation at all times.
8. Maintain client hard copy files including copying, storage and retrieval of information.
9. Request payments and record receipts of client monies.
This is a brilliant opportunity which won't be on the market for long!
Interested? Send me your CV today!
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Associate Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal business support roles.
Associate Recruitment Consultant
0161 233 6360
Lilly returned to Douglas Scott in 2017 following a one and a half year stint working in Finance recruitment. Following her promotion to Associate Recruitment Consultant, she now oversees our Legal Business Support functions and team. She works with a variety of clients from large scale international companies to smaller high street firms; her own focus centres around the recruitment of professionals including (but not limited to) HR and Business Development Managers, IT staff, Legal Secretaries, Personal Assistants, and Financial Controllers within the North West region. Lilly has previous legal recruitment experience acting as a resourcer for the Douglas Scott Locum team as well as working across key accounts, including those of Master Vendor status. Outside of work Lilly is a keen rambler and hiker who enjoys being outdoors.
"I would like to thank Lilly Tomlinson for all her help. She understood me very well, helped me with some questions I was stumbling over and reassured me when I was nervous. If it wasn’t for her help I don’t think that I would have got the job that I wanted."
Serious Injury Legal Secretary | Liverpool