Commercial Litigation Legal Secretary
A leading commercial law firm is looking to recruit a commercial litigation legal secretary for the Manchester office as part of continued expansion plans. Working in one of the UK's leading law firms, you will be required to support a highly successful team of commercial litigation solicitors. The role is offered on a full time permanent basis.
Working hours will be 9:30am-5:30pm
Ideally we are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary, with at least 18 months recent/current experience working within a Legal Secretary position, Litigation experience is prefered but not essential! However you must be a confident team player with a positive work ethic.
It is essential you have the following experience:-
- Minimum typing speed of 70 wpm
* Prepare correspondence and documents from digital dictation
* Assist with departmental billing processes
* Deal with billing and accounts queries
* Prepare and create client reports
* Create new case files as appropriate
* Filing correspondence and relevant documentation retained in client files
* Respond to client queries on a day to day basis
* Prepare documents for fee earners
* Photocopying as and when required by the team
* Maintain a level of individual knowledge required for the role
* Manage fee earner diaries, booking day to day appointments and making travel arrangements
* Assist in client events as and when required
* Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
This is an absolutely fantastic opportunity to join an award winning, market leading firms in the region. It's such an exciting time to join the firm so please apply for immediate consideration.
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Associate Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal business support roles.
Associate Recruitment Consultant
0161 233 6360
Lilly returned to Douglas Scott in 2017 following a one and a half year stint working in Finance recruitment. Following her promotion to Associate Recruitment Consultant, she now oversees our Legal Business Support functions and team. She works with a variety of clients from large scale international companies to smaller high street firms; her own focus centres around the recruitment of professionals including (but not limited to) HR and Business Development Managers, IT staff, Legal Secretaries, Personal Assistants, and Financial Controllers within the North West region. Lilly has previous legal recruitment experience acting as a resourcer for the Douglas Scott Locum team as well as working across key accounts, including those of Master Vendor status. Outside of work Lilly is a keen rambler and hiker who enjoys being outdoors.
"I would like to thank Lilly Tomlinson for all her help. She understood me very well, helped me with some questions I was stumbling over and reassured me when I was nervous. If it wasn’t for her help I don’t think that I would have got the job that I wanted."
Serious Injury Legal Secretary | Liverpool