Part Time Corporate Legal Secretary
Douglas Scott are keen to be partnering with one of the North Wests most prestigious and well recognised Law Firm who currently have 3 offices across this region and are looking to expand even more due to organic growth!
My client are looking for a Part Time (3/4 days) Legal Secretary to support the Managing Partner and the Department department to enable the team to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the responsibilities given below.
The ideal legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative to ensure the smooth running of the firm.
* Legal Secretary/PA to the Managing Partner - supporting with all administration and duties as
* Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional
and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
* Prepare correspondence and documents through the case management system.
* Administer filing in both the paper and Seneca file which will include filing and the opening,
closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained in the
* Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch and collect/deliver mail to the post room.
* Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information.
* Arrange for all tasks such as copying, scanning, binding, booking couriers to be done, in person if
the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
* Make appointments, book travel arrangements, arrange meetings, and to maintain an up to date
Outlook diary for your manager and others in the department if required.
* Book and prepare rooms for meetings as necessary and tidying and clearance of the room/s
* Provide reception cover and prepare refreshments when asked to do so.
* Provide support to other offices, departments and secretaries when time is available and when
requested by your manager or department manager.
* Provide guidance to other secretaries and temporary secretaries when required to do so. E.g. on
correct procedures for the department, Lexcel, use of facilities and the case management
My client is looking for a motivated team player who isn't afraid to get stuck in. It's important you have experience in the Corporate/Commercial Practice area and ideally have knowledge in RSA 2 but this isn't essential.
Interested? Get in touch today before it's too late!
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Associate Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal business support roles.
Associate Recruitment Consultant
0161 233 6360
Lilly returned to Douglas Scott in 2017 following a one and a half year stint working in Finance recruitment. Following her promotion to Associate Recruitment Consultant, she now oversees our Legal Business Support functions and team. She works with a variety of clients from large scale international companies to smaller high street firms; her own focus centres around the recruitment of professionals including (but not limited to) HR and Business Development Managers, IT staff, Legal Secretaries, Personal Assistants, and Financial Controllers within the North West region. Lilly has previous legal recruitment experience acting as a resourcer for the Douglas Scott Locum team as well as working across key accounts, including those of Master Vendor status. Outside of work Lilly is a keen rambler and hiker who enjoys being outdoors.
"I would like to thank Lilly Tomlinson for all her help. She understood me very well, helped me with some questions I was stumbling over and reassured me when I was nervous. If it wasn’t for her help I don’t think that I would have got the job that I wanted."
Serious Injury Legal Secretary | Liverpool