- To provide the Private Client team with typing, secretarial and administrative support
- To work responsibly to support the needs of the fee earners and the priorities given/prioritising own workload effectively, delivering a quality service
- To assist team co-ordinators by troubleshooting on IT packages and acting as buddy to help integrate new starters to the department
- To assist with digital dictation and administrative support across the company in line with the company's workflow ethic.
- To transcribe and prepare all correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing, using company precedents where appropriate, ensuring proof reading completed
- To confidently draft simple memos, emails and letters
- To operate case management system including storing documents electronically - organising and attaching to relevant matters
- To be familiar with all relevant computer packages including, but not limited to: PDF docs, document conversion and tracked changes
- To deal with administrative routines as required to include scanning, faxing printing and photocopying
- To be involved in the efficient management of client/matter files to include general filing in a timely and accurate manner together with file opening, preparation of client care letters and terms and conditions, file closure, archiving and retrieval and return from storage as required
- To meet clients' needs and ensure they are kept advised as necessary, under the direction of the fee earner/using own initiative to update client when necessary
- To manage incoming and outgoing mail in all mediums, i.e. post, DX, emails and facsimile transmissions
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain manager/fee earner's diary as required including providing refreshments if necessary
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone/handling voice mails and acting upon their content in an effective manner and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the company's standards for client care projecting a professional image at all times
- To be flexible - to be a member of a support team and assist with work as required, co-operating with peers and others well, ensuring a harmonious and co-operative team environment
- To work within relevant administrative systems and procedures, particularly in the management of finances, recording time, preparation of bills, correspondence and documents
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the company's and clients' documentation and information
- To have an appreciation of legal procedures and company protocols
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so to include attendance at all internal "At Home With" sessions, "Lunch and Learn" sessions and relevant "Bite Size Training" and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development/endeavouring to improve own standards and further training
- To work towards achieving Microsoft Word Accreditation at Basic Level/Expert Level
- To demonstrate a typing speed of at least 65 wpm/90% accuracy/70 wpm
- To accommodate any other reasonable requests from fee earners and/or managers
Please contact Andre Kacperski, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Andre joined our National Support team in 2019. Before Douglas Scott Andre worked a major British multinational retailer in their overpayments team. He has also featured in Times magazine as 'Person of the year'!