You are here:
Landlord & Tenant role:
This role will deal with Lease extension and lease enfranchisements in the main, candidate would need to have a good level of experience in both of these area behind them.
2 - 5 years PQE, The candidate will be the only person dealing with lease extension and enfranchisements in the firm. Referrals from the other 10 branches will come to them and hence they will need to be able to deal with high volumes of work - 40-60 matters.
Reports to the Senior Partner and will be a part of the wider litigation team, The candidate will be individually dealing with lease extensions & enfranchisements so has to have the up most confidennce to deal with matters independently.
Private practice qualified solicitor.
Salary for this role is £35k-£40k depending on experience
* Previous experience in Landlord and Tenant matters - Essential (2 yrs minimum)
* Previous experience in Lease Extensions & Lease Enfranchisements - Essential (2 yrs minimum)
* Law degree (or equivalent GDL degree)
* Be self-motivated; be able to run a caseload of contentious matters with minimal supervision;
Daily responsibilities will include:
* Provide comprehensive legal advice working to the Law Society, Lexcel and Solicitors Regulation Authority standards to all Clients
* Manage a full caseload of defendant landlord and tenant and debt litigation matters including but not limited to: possession claims, assured short hold tenancies, enforcements of covenants, landlords consents, enfranchisement/lease extensions and removal of squatters
* Manage day to day contact with clients, gaining clients' confidence and that of other professionals
* Provide written, telephone and office costs estimates to prospective clients/ Introducers with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested
* Provide timely and accurate legal advice to potential clients
* Provide timely and accurate reports of all cases to clients
* Research documentation and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures
* Draw up contracts and other legal documentation
* Instruct advocates to attend hearings and fully brief them
* Attend hearings as an advocate
* Ensure that billing takes place promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible
* To achieve all individual financial costs targets
* To maximise the firm's potential to cross - sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities
* Provide monthly reports of all cases
* Complete daily timesheets
* Excellent communication Skills,
* Good IT skills,
* Good time management skills,
* Organise own workload with minimum supervision,
* Cope effectively in demanding circumstances,
* Work to a pace without errors,
* Flexible approach to work,
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
Douglas Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Douglas Scott are the Legal Recruitment experts and the UK’s leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London based legal jobs with confidence, we are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this role with you and seek your approval before submitting your application directly to the decision maker.
This job is no longer live; please contact to discuss similar vacancies
Don’t miss the next vacancy, signup and receive updates, help and advice in our newsletters, delivered straight to your inbox.